Posted in Disney
I took my second Disney Carrer Development Workshop this week. Here’s what I learned.
- Networking is defined as “the ability to gain contacts and achieve goals through meeting people”
- Networking is NOT- mentoring, job shadow, collecting business cards, or a job offer
- Be involved in volunteer and diversity groups
- There is formal and informal networking
- Ask for thirty minutes of the person’s time
- do research and be ready to provide value
- At the end, ask if there is anyone else you should meet
- Afterwards, write a thank you note
This is a brief overview of what I’ve learned. I’m loving these workshops. They are providing with a ton of value.